As most of us know, the 2014 BET awards were last night and boy were they interesting. Now I don’t have cable but luckily today you can watch things through twitter (people tweet about every detail of anything). So, while I was up glued to my phone screen and twatching, there were a few events that seemed to steal the show. Whether it was some people’s ridiculous outfits or performances that got everyone excited, everyone would be commenting about the same thing. That being said, here is a list of a few highlights that I picked up on from the awards. *This is not in order*
1. August Alsina’s outfit
2. Keke Palmer is the white power ranger
3. Busta Rhymes- they did him wrong
4. Usher took everyone back with a medley of all his hits
5. Chris Brown performed and killed it as usual but people always have to find one thing.
6. Bow Wow will never be known as Shad Moss but he had the nerve to wear the same outfit as last year’s awards. Who wore it better Bow Wow in 2013 or “Shad Moss” in 2014?
7. August Alsina, Trey Songz, and Chris Brown made all the girls go crazy when they performed the I Luv It (remix).
8. Iggy Azalea did an extremely basic performance of her hit “Fancy” with T.I. And people said this vine was Iggy at the BET Awards
9. Phylicia Rashad looking amazing at 66 paid tribute to Maya Angelou and Ruby Dee.
10. Robin Thicke dedicated yet another performance to ex-wife Paula Patton…that poor boy
11. Nicki Minaj won “Best Female Hip Hop Artist” for the fifth time and threw major shade to Iggy Azalea during her acceptance speech.
12. Last but not least, everyone was waiting for Jay Z and Beyonce’s performance only to be tricked with a bootleg performance of Jay and Bey’s prerecorded performance.
Overall, it was a fun night.I’ll have to catch the rerun to see for myself.