The Black Male Development Symposium is THIS Saturday, May 10, 2014 from 9am – 4pm on Arcadia’s Campus in Glenside. This event will provide an opportunity for Philly’s Black Men to talk about what is going on in our community and what is happening to our young men. The great thing about the Symposium is that it is not just older people “fussing” about what’s wrong with the youth. Instead, young people are invited to be part of the conversation.
The day will be filled with empowering workshops, critical conversations, and uplifting activities for black males of ALL ages, youth to adult. Here are some of the conversation topics:
1) Reclaiming the Black Male Image from negativity;
2) Be the father of your child’s dreams;
3) How to be a scholar athlete;
4) Raising Boys in a Toxic Society;
5) Hip Hop Therapy;
6) Strategies to Break the school-to-jail pipeline;
7) Economic Self-Sufficiency;
8) Advance Your Swag: Reclaiming a positive self-image and sophistication;
9) Black Men Turn Up: Reclaiming an African Centered Culture; and
Who should attend?
Are YOU a black male?
Are YOU someone who works with black males (or do you know someone who does)?
Are YOU someone who desires to support the advancement of black males educationally, culturally, financially or emotionally?
Are YOU ready to be enlightened and commit to strengthening our community of males?
How do you sign up?
Register at www.blackmaledevelopment.com
Student rate: $30
Adult rate : $50
Angela McNeil, Registration Chair
Taylor Hall Room 107B
450 S. Easton Road
Glenside, PA 19038-3295