POSITION TITLE: Teaching Artist
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday–Friday until 6pm, Summer hours (30 hours per week) – Contract Ends September 30th 2014 with possibility of Contract Renewal.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Out of School Time Program Coordinator to create, facilitate and support a Project Based Learning and Arts Integration approach to complement preexisting PBL curriculum.
- Introduce and oversee innovative artistic models and modes of art for ECS OST youth involved with 21st century community learning center cohort 6 grant.
- Ensure best practice standards are incorporated into art curriculum for youth
- Associates or Bachelors in Arts Education preferred but not required.
- Experience teaching groups of youth in a classroom and classroom management skills.
- Proven ability to design and facilitate curriculum.
- Experience as an actor, dancer, student producer, or other theatre-related activity is desirable.
- Knowledge of Child Educational Development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge and experience working with minority and underprivileged populations.
- Computer proficiency and working knowledge of relevant technology tools.
- Ability to represent ECS effectively in a variety of settings and with diverse communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate Project Based learning arts integration for youth curriculum.
- Ensure appropriate projects and programs are developed that utilize resources, follow policy and procedures and meet the expectation of 21st century cohort grant.
- Help in development of opportunities for students to experience the arts in different ways and modes.
- Attend all PHMC grant management meetings
- Attend all Cohort 6 meetings mandated by PDE
- Complete and attend 18 hours of professional development offered through the grant and facilitated by the staff of Philadelphia Arts and Education Partnership (PAEP).
- Be knowledgeable of and follow all ECS policies, plans, and procedures, including but not limited to the Rules of Conduct and Code of Ethics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To apply for this job please send a resume and cover letter to Kristen Coe t firstname.lastname@example.org.