Winter can be a harsh season for everyones hair, especially those with thicker strands. But we all may be too cold to even realize that our hair needs to be protected from the harsh elements in the air, too. Follow the tips below to keep your hair protected and moisturized.
1. Use heavier butters and oils– Using heavier oils and creams for your hair during the winter months are essential in achieving healthy and moisturized hair during the winter months.
2. Wear hair in a protective style– By tucking you hair away in a ponytail or twists, you are doing your hair a huge favor. Since your hair isn’t fully exposed to the cold air, the chances of your hair becoming crunchy and dry are much lower, as opposed to the dryness from rocking your fro in 20 degree weather.
3. Wear satin lined hats– Beanies, skullies and berets are all trendy accessories we all want to sport. But the material that make up these hats (and scarves) dry out the hair and pull on your strands which can eventually make our strands fall out. Invest in satin lined beanies to look cute and protect your hair!
4. Deep condition– Deep conditioning will soften your hair and allow it to withstand the harsh weather you are exposed to. Do this one a week and watch the magic happen.
5. Avoid wearing hair wet outside– Aside form getting sick, you can further damage your hair by allowing it to dry in the cold air. Allow your hair to dry at least 80% before stepping out into the cold weather.
The key to healthy hair is consistent maintenance. Good luck and stay warm!
(Image taken from ronetheyolandaadamsmorningshow.files.wordpress.com)