Here are a few basic tips to keep your hair and skin healthy throughout the winter.
1. Moisturize. Moisturizing is very important in the winter months. It is not only important to moisturize your skin, but also your scalp. There are many hair oils that can moisturize your scalp and not cause buildup in your pores. Many times we forget that our scalp needs moisture just like the rest of our skin. You must make sure that you drink a lot of water because staying hydrated helps combat dry, itchy scalp.
2. Condition. Heated homes and work spaces can dry out your hair, so combat this with deep conditioning. It may also be a good idea to buy a heating cap at your local beauty supply store so that you can lock in the moisture of the deep conditioner.
3. Protect. Bundling up your body is very important in the winter, but it’s also a time to pay close attention to your hair. When wearing hats you want to wear a scarf underneath to cut down some of the friction between your hair and the hat. It may also be good to pin curl your hair under your hat. When you get to your destination, take off your hat and undo the pin curls. Your hair will have soft waves with no effect from the cold temps.
4. Exfoliate. During cold winter months, cell turnover is sluggish, leading to the accumulation of dead skin. This dulls the skin and makes it not absorb lotions and creams efficiently which means that finding exfoliating moisturizing body wash is important. These types of products help to remove some of the dead skin.
5. Moisturize and protect. Just because it’s cold out doesn’t mean there isn’t sun—your hands are exposed to just as much UV rays from the sun as your face, so you need to protect them too. Finding hand cram and a face moisturizer that has SPF15 is important. It is also very important to find a good lip balm or chap stick to help keep your lips moisturized.
These tips were obtained from Realbeauty.com